View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 11:40 AM
Short Bus Drive
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005
Position: Guppy Capt.

Originally Posted by C17MooseDriver View Post
I just got hired by CAL and am kinda confused? Why does 737 go so high when 756 and 777 FO get more pay on their second year?

If you get GUAM, do you have to live there or can you commute from HI?

My class date is April 3rd.
I don't work there (BEEN TRYING THOUGH!!!), but a friend of mine said that the pay might be better, but if you don't live in base, you will hate it. Sit reserve forever. He actually just got awarded the 777, but he lives in NJ, and would love to sit reserve. PLUS, when you do "fly" it's back to the sim every 90 days, 'cause you don't get your bounces in.
For how I read the contract, the 75/67 trips, you get "business Class" if it's availble, if not, you get a WHOLE row of coach, just for you!
I was just discussing this with him. He said if I get over there, stay on the 73, and work A LOT, then commute home (DTW for now). 777 I would hate it because of sitting around, then commute home for a day or two, then back on reserve.
As far as GUAM, my other friend used to live there. He loved it, however he LIVED there. Now he is back at Hawaiian in HNL. Commuting back to GUM to tie up loose ends is a pain.