View Single Post
Old 07-17-2012, 04:13 PM
gtechpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2008

Originally Posted by xjtguy View Post
Yep, sure do. But you wouldn't have to take my word for it. You can contact your scheduling guys. Specifically the ones that are doing research/due dilligence into the various ways to bid/staff, the pros and cons of each system, seeing if maybe there's a better software out there, etc.

Wait, the CRJ NEVER had that, sorry, my bad.

But YES, the CRJ side runs the SAME, if not more pilots than the ERJ as far as percentage of reserves go. In fact, take a look at last December I believe it was on the -200 in ATL. Tell me what the reserve percentage was then? You really don't want to know.

And yes, relief pilots are line holders, they're not sitting around on reserve, are they?
We had a guy attempt to recall the ATL reps this spring who promised a big show when the meeting happened but wouldn't reveal his damaging evidence until the day of. Turns out he just wanted to whine about how poor the communication was-like we didn't already know that!!

Anyway, your proof is that one month out of twelve we had a higher percentage of reserves? And the one month you choose happens to be the one before the draw down from losing six aircraft where the company was playing with their staffing model to see what they could get away with?

It's fairly simple, if you have the numbers, show them. Otherwise, why are you wasting your time here when you're already convinced that no one wants to listen to you?