View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 01:54 PM
cons
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Thanks for the reply HSLD. I live far away from my local FSDO (almost a 2 hour drive) thus I've been trying to contact them via phone for the past week. I got thru the FSDO today, actually one of the inspectors returned a message I had left for them this past Monday.

Anyway, he stated that I may reinstate my CFI per FAR 61.199 and FAR 61.183(h). He said that I do not have to take the practical test with the FAA. I may choose to take it with a DE if I wanted to. I was real happy when I heard this. He also stated that I do not have to take the written exams (FOI, FAI) over again either. He said that all I need to do is take the practical exam, but that doesn't mean the DE won't ask me questions about FOI, etc. However, I will still buy some gleim books that cover FOI and FAI just to review that stuff.

One last thing that he mentioned that I thought was kind of odd was that I do not need an endorsement from a CFI to take the practical. However, if I fail the practical on the first attempt, I will need an endorsement from a CFI in order to take the practical CFI checkride again.

I'm very relieved that I don't have to take the CFI checkride with the FAA again. I can't wait to start instructing again. I hope to get my CFII and MEI in the near future as well.

Thanks
cons