View Single Post
Old 07-20-2012, 06:29 PM
200Driver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2012
Position: I'm Buying

Originally Posted by Rath View Post
Hi all,
I'm new to this thread and I had a few questions in regards to Silver Airways for current Silver Airways employees and the senior pilots.
I start class this Tuesday the 24 for an FO position in the Saab340. I was wondering how long should i expect to be on reserve for? I've also heard things that major U.S airlines and international airlines such as Emirates and Qatar don't look Turbo-Prop time the same way as Jet time...is this true?
)

You won't sit reserve on the Saab as an FO. There are currently 20 plus FO hard lines not covered in the new staffing bid. They push you through training quickly (6 days a week) and get you on the line were you should start flying immediately.

About the flight times...

PIC SF340 Type with TPIC (coming in as an FO at 3M now you will get upgrade / type quick in comparison to other regionals currently hiring) is more valuable than a CL-65 SIC type (useless) and SIC RJ / ERJ time (join all 10,000 of us who have this). Just my opinion; who knows what the future requirements in this Buisness will be.