Old 07-24-2012, 04:45 PM
Mesabah
:-)

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by eaglefly View Post
I'd love for you to be right. But to find that out, it will require a rejection of the TA. Based on what I know from other sources vs. a regional airline captain who claims to be an expert on labor law and bankruptcy on a pilots forum, I hope you'll not be offended if I place my bets on what other sources say.
No, I'm not offended you've got to do what you've got to do.

I've had my contract rejected, and every time it was a non-event. Management can only impose certain terms that are in the 1113(c) filing and you must eventually work towards a new CBA. Also, management must remove all the scope relief proposals from an imposed contract as this violates the right of free union association(violation of labor law). For scope relief to take effect, management must have a consensual agreement with the pilot group.

But I will tell you that even if you do vote this TA down, AA management will not allow the 1113(c) judgement to be released as it would weaken their position. Go back in my post history around the time when the judge said he was ready to rule, I posted that AA management with the union would stall the judge to not render his decision. They will do it again if this TA is shot down.