View Single Post
Old 07-25-2012, 10:27 AM
gloopy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2010
Position: window seat

Originally Posted by FIIGMO View Post
Would pull feed to AS island routes. That would put the profitability of those routes to AS under downward pressure. I wish no ill will on AS but it would be nice to expand west coast flying and get back some DAL QOL for a change! Just need to be sure we are protected from a seniority windfall from recent new hires at HAL, other wise Aloha and Mahalo!
I agree and share the same concerns you do WRT the SLI. But whatever ends up happenind with their new hires (staple or used to buff the entire list percentage wise) its still only under 500 pilots. In any case, sooner is better because whatever ends up happening, the same result is just as likely with 10% or 40% of their list as new hires. If we are going to do this, we need to do it now.

A far bigger concern would be the JB code share. That needs to end, hard, no matter what. I really doubt JB was in any position to demand iron clad cancellation language and stiff penalties. I'm sure HAL secured very easy cancellation language for any reason, especially something like a merger. If in some unlikely twist, the JB/HI code share is preserved, we just end all HI flights to NYC. There is no way we can fund a ULCC's fantasy order book beyond what we are already doing with our capacity gifting and a JB code share is a strike item.

Merge soon, exclude the new hires from the relative, end the JB code share and give full relative for non new hire HI pilots with minor base freezes (no fences) for all existing pilots and use the combined entity to fight back against JAL and reduce some of the AS code share abuse.