View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 03:32 AM
FixTheMess
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2010

US Airways triples 2nd quarter profit to 306 million? I was told by a union rep, that our first offer would have cost management $10 mil. (3.2% of Airways' 2nd quarter profit.) They told us to pound sand, so we came down to $7 million (a 30% decrease.) ***?

$10 mil is not enough. Not for over a decade on a concessionary contract. It's time to play hardball. Now that they slapped us in the face, and we will have the threat of striking, we ask for a $20 million package with all the bells and whistles (including duty/trip rigs, which I've been told we're not even trying for anymore). Ask for twenty million now, since they couldn't be reasonable throughout this whole thing, and when they low ball that package tell them to GO POUND SAND! I'll tell everyone right now, I will not vote for a contract that does not have duty rigs, trip rigs, and extra protection for more days off. This company will bring everyone down to min days off when the new rest rules go into effect. Yes that means you too, 20-30 year captains.