View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 06:04 AM
Iowa Farm Boy
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2007
Position: 737 FO

To all my my Comair friends- sorry it finally came to this, and I know you will all land on your feet and hit the ground running.

Back in 1993 the FAR 135 outfit I was working for went under. You couldn't buy flying jobs that year, and I was devastated. I had too little ME PIC to compete for the few jobs available. I did something else to keep food on the table and ended up getting a better flying job that I stayed at for six years. My point is that this may very well be an opportunity, but it's up to you to find it.

I'd also like to thank you for raising the bar on 2001. I was at Eagle and gladly paid the strike assessment although I was a starving SF3 FO with a family. I still remember the high fives at all the regionals when you got your contract with big raises and a pension. I too agree that THAT is why you are where you are today. You guys raised the bar higher than any of the majors EVER wanted it to go.

To those finding schadenfreude in this- that says far more about you than it does about the good people at Comair.

Good luck, blue skies, and tailwinds.