View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 01:31 PM
block30
Bracing for Fallacies

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: In favor of good things, not in favor of bad things

Originally Posted by utroyalwulff View Post
thanks you guys i have learned alot. if you can think of anything else i would appreciate it.

So if we were to make a list of important things to do in the next few years:

-Dont plan on major in aviation unless its aerospace engineering, have a back up in something else
-stay in the CAP program and try to find out if they AFROTC at his HS
-doing it through the military or reserve is a good way to do it if ends up being what he wants to do.
-have him work on his private pilots license. Im hoping the the CAP program can get us some contacts on this.

I like the CAP program, its seems to be a pretty good deal. He has only been involved for a couple months so far. Have all of you that have been involved in this program feel it was time well spent?

Thanks
You should make a few more posts so you can send and receive private messages.

Maybe I missed it, have you taken any flying lessons yourself? Have you seen the TV program "Flying Cheap" or Chesley Sullenberger's testimony before Congress on the state of the profession? If not, I think that all can be found on youtube.

Definitely not all bad in the industry either. Maybe you read my rants in the "Open Letter" thread below. I'm frustrated that the truth about the profession (see what I did there?) is often NOT forthcoming-especially from the flight schools looking to make a sale!