skylover , 08-02-2012 02:48 PM
Gets Weekends Off
skylover
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    May 2012
Quote: As you should be.
I still remember my first instructional flight too. It is a very exicting time.
I also remember my second even better because I got so sick I threw up on my instructor's arm on short final I felt so bad that I thought I might give up flying altogether!

Starting too early is a waste of money too. If you progress quickly and are ready for your checkride months before you are able to get your license, then the time spent to keep your skills sharp will be wasted effort too. You should look into the soaring that has been mentioned recently. The time counts towards PPL I believe, its cheaper, it helps with the basic stick and rudder skills, and you can solo and get your license earlier than with the ASEL.

USMCFLYR
To be honest, I felt a little sick too! I kept on jerking the yolk in, which created a very bumpy experience; I got that feeling of my stomach launching up into my throat... And then during landing, I did my flare when we were way too high up, which created an aerodynamic stall, and the aircraft literally fell out of the sky. Bump!

At this point working on my PPL would be too early. Once I start something, I itch to finish it, and like you said, it would be kind of a waste to do right now. Soon, though.

I definitely want to look into gliding. It looks awesome and I could get the license right away.