Old 02-25-2007, 06:43 AM
iflyjets4food
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2005
Position: EMB 170/175 F.O.

Originally Posted by RJ Pilot View Post
Pay your consequenses..your screen name says it all....SJS
Says you. It really isn't that way at all. The history behind my name is as follows (maybe the mods should make this a sticky so I don't have to explain myself over and over, j/k):

When I started flying, I went to a 2-year college. I got started using instant messaging programs. It just so happened that iflyplanes4food and iflyprops4food were both too long to fit as a username on that particular message program, so the next one I tried was iflyjets4food, and it fit. Since then, I've just used iflyjets4food as a username or screenname on everything.

Behind the pursuit of the RJ job:
I actually flew piston twins on a 135 certificate for awhile. I really enjoyed that. The only problem is that I was only flying about 250 hours a year. I got into the King Air, which I also enjoyed, but the same story prevailed. Since I've been trying to fly as much as possible to have the time I need to get a job close to my wife's family, the 135 job wasn't cutting it. I applied to some turboprop operators, but to no avail. I really didn't necessarily want to go to a jet operator, but that presented itself as a place where I could fly close to 1000 hours a year. Really, I see it as a necessary evil. I believe it will be fun, and I will learn a lot. Plus, it gives me the opportunity to move close to the in-laws (which is a good thing in my case).

I'm really not a SJS case. I probably have as much PIC multi time as most newhire RJ pilots have total time. I'm just taking the opportunity that is presented to me. If it had been a turboprop or another piston twin in a good location, I would have been just as happy. I just want to take this opportunity for all it's worth.