View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 12:28 PM
100LL
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2007

I went to the Prescott campus a few years ago, my freshman year. Other than the obvious facts such as a retirement town, a sausage school, extremely expensive and whatever opinion you hold about Arizona, I realized I made a bad decision about attending there during the spring semester. I wasn't impressed, not entirely happy, and was getting depressed. No it wasn’t homesickness; I had things to combat that such as some good friendships. The classes were well below my expectations, it felt like I was being fed with a spoon. Most of the instructors were okay, not great. The flying was okay as well, at least I got to look at some new scenery(wait a minute, what scenery? LOL). My flight instructor was a nut job, didn't like that guy at all. Had a meeting with the training manager to discuss my flight instructor, to my surprise he was a prick as well. The whole idea as pay as you go kind of sucks. The school expects that you fly on certain days whether you have money or not. Their no show policy is BS. You almost had to have a lawyer to prove why you no showed for your own well being like being sick. Airplanes were nice new 172's which I liked. I did learn a few things that I still use today in piloting and that’s about all I took with me from that school. Anyways back to where I admitted I made a mistake, during that spring I desperately searched for another college I could attend. My final decision....University of North Dakota, yes I know, a giant culture shock indeed especially with temperature. I chose that school primarily because it was a place where I could fly, I knew some people that currently attend there, and get a degree at a reasonable cost and best of all, its a public school with girls. So here I am still at UND, and liking it. To this date I'm in continued contact with my friends at ERAU, they're still there and my attempts to persuade them out of there have failed. So did I make a bad decision to leave? Absolutely not. Others that I knew also transferred out of there the same time I did. At least 25 others that I met on our first day also left that spring. I'm about to graduate here from UND, and my final cost of all these years equals about 2 1/2 years at ERAU.