View Single Post
Old 02-25-2007, 03:51 PM
stickwiggler
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006
Position: Part 121, 135 & Military background

Originally Posted by ryane946 View Post
Allow me to applaud that statement!!!!

Skywest is a good company. It is one of the top regionals right now (up there with Horizon, ExpressJet, Comair, Republic...). Upgrade is quick, pay is decent, good work rules, and they are growing. I don't mind that they do not have a union. As of right now, it appears that they do not need one. This may change, and if things get worse, then yes, Skywest will need a union. But they are fine for now.

But now (because of people like Slaphappy), Skywest is getting a lot of hatred from fellow pilots (especially on this forum). Maybe 3rd or 4th to only GoJets, Mesa, and Trans States. It is sad. People are attacking them for little quirks.... I think it is time to add Slaphappy to everyone's ignore list. I have never put anyone on ignore. Not Skyhigh. Not browntail (although I should have). Not anyone. Slaphappy is just terrible.

BTW, I think I know why Slaphappy acts the way he does. The only possible reason is he does not have a college degree, so he has no chance of EVER making the majors. So he plans to stay at Skywest his entire life, and he wants all the big equipment/good pay he can get, even if it is at the expense of the rest of the industry. Oh well. The most he will ever make is $100,000. Maybe. Hey isn't that what a 2nd year FO at FedEx makes. Sorry, it is even more than that for 2nd year narrowbody. And 2nd year widebody is much higher. As a FO!!! Oh well, sucks for Slaphappy.
That, or he is an immiture kid and not a real Skywest pilot (Has anyone ever asked him some real question to prove he is a line pilot for SKW?)

Rant over. Slaphappy on ignore.
I've said it before, I'll say it again.......
the reason skywest pilots are getting a bad name is not because the post of one person, but rather YOUR attitude. The idea that "the threat of a union is better than having a union" or as you said if things get worse, maybe we'll need one" are examples of how your pilot group is profiting at the expense of others. That "threat" is not free. Thousands of us pays dues, fight long (5 year +) battles to make better contracts that your company matches. You benefit from our hard battles, then take our aircraft and flying.
It's not just slap making you look bad. You want other people to respect you? get on board, vote in your union, pay your dues, risk your jobs and help the proffesion, not just yourselves.