View Single Post
Old 08-11-2012, 01:12 PM
alfaromeo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008

Originally Posted by eaglefly View Post
Well, to play angel's advocate, a few questions to ask would be; Has AMR REALLY met the spirit and intent of these bankruptcy provisions or just the "letter of the law" ?

Is their 1113 request and the LBFO TA that was concocted from it REALLY what is "necessary" for AMR to successfully reorganize or was it simply a gross overreach by a management with a long history of taking advantage of its labor ?

Are the pilots REALLY being treated "fairly and equitably" in this process or are they simply being taken advantage of again in an arena that gives even more leverage then normal to virtually everyone BUT labor ?

Will THIS judge simply be a another rubber stamp for the letter of the law or will he break from the past and actually determine that indeed the debtors request in this filing does not meet the spirit and intent ?

Personally, I think odds favor a business as usual situation and a rubber stamp a'la the past, but there still remains the chance this judge will see what is really happening here from a corporation who filed BK with almost 5 billion and has made another billion without a single implimentation of any cost-saving measure by labor requested by them of the court.

I think it's easy to see why AA pilots patience for this BS has come to an end and their cup of tolerance is about to runneth over.

Well, the answer to all these questions will be coming soon. My opinion doesn't matter a whit compared to what the judge says.