Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 04:31 AM
PermaFo
Holds Weds & Thurs Off

Joined APC: Jan 2011
Position: 88B

I'm not totally sure if this Tool material exactly but I have 2 new pet peeves that I need to vent...

1) CAs who routinely ride the brakes during taxi, only because they forgot that they left the power up from 10 seconds ago. Both to maintain taxi speed and to stop... the power's still at 30-50%. One instance I can remember I received the ten second cold hard stare for moving it back to idle... while slowing to a stop. I'm not sure what to think now.

2) Crews who loudly smack their gum chewing over the intercom. Every leg, same phase, same flavor, the gum comes out. I get it, that's your thing, whatever. But if you complain about me not hearing you 100% of the time it's because I turned your volume wayyyyy down a leg after you didn't get my subtle hint "I'm going to turn your intercom off while you chew gum." I'm not ignoring you, I'm trying to maintain my sanity.

3) I know I said 2 but the venting is stirring up awful memories. TOTD, the crew member who gave an awesome inflight passenger briefing to a very full cabin concerning eta, weather, gate info, etc. Well it was 0600 (0525 departure), still not quite dawn yet, and a 200nm flight, as in the weather isn't worth mentioning because it's exactly the same. Dude... let em sleep.