View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 04:47 PM
Dash7AV8R
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2012
Position: MD11 FO

ArcherDvr:
I don't work for Dynamic though we do have a couple of guys that used to long ago. I suspect that Dynamic is very much like us though. I'm definitely not the gatekeeper, however I suspect that in order to be competitive at getting a response back from the Human Resource folks at Avenge, you'll probably need in excess of what you'd see for a regional airline ...but with prop time (like a Colgan). So, unfortunately for the jet guys, (I'm a DA-20 Falcon Jet dude also) they would probably not look at you unless you had the proper number of hours of prop time...and the right TYPE of those hours, such as PIC time. But having deployed ISR time in those hours would definitely help as well. I was fortunate enough to have been an RC-12 pilot while on active duty in the Army, so I was lucky. Others are not so lucky and I feel for them, but it is what it is. Jet pilots are for sure, every bit as good, if not better than the prop guys. It just has to deal with the type of flying done over here...and it's almost exclusively props. So, to answer you're question....yes: you will need the proper number of PIC hours. The real question and answer should be: How many PIC hours of ME turbo prop time? ....and with that one I can't really help, but I would suspect in the 400-500 hour range or so. It's been quite a few years ago, but we hired on an Air Force KC135 guy (at least I think thats what he flew) with about 400 hours of KingAir time...and non of it was PIC. So stuff does happen within the magical crystal ball sometimes. Feel free to PM me if you have any further questions about Avenge.