View Single Post
Old 08-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Monkeyfly
Not retiring avatar

Joined APC: Apr 2010
Position: 777 CAP

Originally Posted by Airhoss View Post
I flew a 4 day this week with a guy who is on a team putting together the new hire program at TK.

When I queried him as to when we were going to start hiring on the UAL side he said this fall was a firm date. I then of course asked when we were going to start recalling UAL guys to which he replied that "they've all been called"!

I mentioned to him that his information was UNTRUE and incorrect that not ONE single UAL guy has had a recall notice PERIOD END OF STORY! However the management mantra at LUAL is that everyone has been called and are considering the BS preferential hiring deal at LCAL to be a recall!!!!

This is simply flat ashed wrong as you all know. I also spoke to a 777 Capt who claimed that he spoke to a UAl furloughee who was just finishing recall IOE at LUAL on the A-320. Which I am 100% sure is incorrect.

Two questions here.

1. Have any of you received a recall notice? I spoke to the # 12 most senior voluntary furloughee today and he assured me that he has not even had the slightest hint of a LUAL recall.

2. Do any of you know what the actual plan is for this whole mess? Are they going to recall or are they going to try to simply re-assimilate you guys when the ISL comes down?

So of course the new hire program is going to be into the LCAL side? How's that going to work with everything that is going on right now. (Rhetorical question of course.)
A lot of LOAs are ending plus MIL leaves coming back equals IOEs on the 320/767/777/747. Sounds like your captain is confused, hard to believe.
Seems like captains give me bad info like that at least once a trip; might as well be in TK!