View Single Post
Old 08-13-2012, 06:47 AM
Airhoss
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2008
Position: Sleeping in the black swan’s nest.

Originally Posted by ChrisJT6 View Post
Let me understand...you want me to believe that all of the sudden you have this deep sensitivity to sUAL furloughee's plight? You don't have a clue what each and every one of us has endured...why do I say this? Because you don't me or many other furloughees and what we've had to do to survive. Senior UAL pilots boned us and if that wasn't good enough...you want to call many "short sighted and so stupid". Many airlines shared the pain during the worst recession in ages by working with management to save jobs via a reduction in hours. That was unions sharing the pain from a recession not created by UAL, but UAL ALPA leaders/pilots said no...hid there greed and disconcern for junior pilots via a couragous "we won't take any more concessions". Those actions have done more to divide the sUAL pilot group (if you include the furloughees) than any management ploy could have dreamed up.
Many of us are tired of trips to combat zones in the middle east...so I doubt if any of my peers give much weight to what you think about the choice to "pulling gear" at CAL. I don't know you either but wishing harm to the most screwed pilots in many years is pretty low don't you think?
OBTW...bypass is a word that can be used by more than sUAL...it is also used if you do not take the sCAL offer.
Chris you completely and totally misunderstood this.

First off I am a Jr pilot at UAL. Secondly I am referring to any non UAL pilots who are considering hiring on when LCAL starts taking new hires in October. I am not speaking of any of the LUAL folks who took the LCAL offer of employment.

How you made the jump to "Wishing harm to the most screwed pilots" is not clear to me. In fact not only am I not wishing our furloughees harm I am trying in create awareness to the ****e sandwich that is going down in regards to our guys right now.

Big picture, LCAL is getting ready to hire off the street when LUAL still has guys on the street. This is wrong in so many ways!!

BTW Bypass is used specifically in the context of a furlough recall. If somebody did not take the LCAL offer that person simply refused a preferential offer of employment. Semantics obviously, but that's how I see it.