View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 12:50 AM
Dash7AV8R
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2012
Position: MD11 FO

Originally Posted by ArcherDvr View Post
Wow, thank's for the information. I'm actually a prop guy, Dash-8, however only 200 SIC right now. Based on what your saying though it's a good idea to stick it out in the Dash till I get the time, right.
Yes, thats what I'm saying. You are actually in the right job to start accumulating enough Turbine prop time to apply. Again, the PIC for turbine prop is important, but as I alluded to in the earlier post...we have hired others in the past without having PC time in the kingair, but that guy had a gazillion PC hours on KC 135's, thus they granted a "pass". HOWEVER, that was back in 2006 and I haven't seen anyone get hired without at least some Tubo Prop PC time lately...and the more the better. You are in the perfect job for getting hired on by Avenge as we have Dash 7's and if you had more flight time I might be able to help you. Try to stick it out until you can get some PC time in the Dash 8. If you can get lets say 300 hours PC time and total time of around 1500, with an ATP, that would be good enough.