Old 02-26-2007, 01:02 PM
pinseeker
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006

Originally Posted by Open Mind View Post
Has anyone considered that the administration of this ltr of agreement may be flawed?? We should stop saying these pairing are unsafe...so only reserves should be flying them. Are reserves expendable??? Long duty days...yes, Onerous... most of them, Unsafe...less than a Mem hub turn with multple outboound legs IMHO!!! ( I'm on the MD) When a pilot choses to fly a disputed pairing, he does not violate the contract, the Sig ltr of agreement or any ALPA bylaw or resolution. Its my opinion that since these pairing will be flown by line pilots that any line pilot should be able to fly it in any pay code...Reread the agreement, it doesn't change the review process. The only comments from our leadership is that its hard to make the case that a pairing should be changed when guys pick up the trips anyway. Of course the trips are picked up...there are worst trips everyday that can't be disputed IAW the ltr of agreement!!! I await the barrage.

No barrage, but food for thought. When skeds has to use a reserve to fill a DP, it makes more work for them. The harder it is for the company to fill a trip, the more likely it is that they will change it. A good example is when guys always call in sick for a specific pairing, it seems to change.