View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 06:56 AM
JT400
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2011
Position: Former AF and ANG, 747-400 FO, 767 CA

Originally Posted by GIANT PILOT View Post
Jesus, can't believe that there actually is a f@@king debate about, whether or not to wear a tie. I've seen many of the new hires while they were here interviewing for the job wearing a tie, and they're still here.

Put this tie crap to rest, along with the military conversion mess.

Rant over!!!!!
Wow! That’s a pretty hostile reaction. It has been my experience that as pilots, attention to detail is extremely important when it comes to flying. We tend to apply that to anything related to flying as well, such as getting a job in this extremely competitive industry. Having said that, and in my honest opinion, I believe that ironing out details about yes whether to wear a tie or not or whether the military conversion factor is correct or being used correctly is no less important than any other information on here especially to these guys trying to get hired.

I wouldn’t want to be the guy(s) sitting there trying to explain why I have an exorbitant amount of hours because I used the conversion wrong or the guy(s) who never got the interview, because he didn’t make the minimums because he didn’t use the conversion factor the way it was intended.

I also wouldn’t want to be the guy who shows up wearing a tie when not a single other soul in the room is wearing one and vice versa. Optional.

To guys like us who have been on the line enjoying the privilege of this job, maybe some of this stuff could seem trivial, but I believe to these guys, every little detail is important to them especially when getting it right the first time could very well affect their livelihood. In earlier posts, industry discussions and speculations about what was going to happen to all these other cargo carriers and charters flooded the threads with what I thought was a lot of information that was useless in getting these guys hired. It’s important to them and what the spirit of this thread is about…the details.
I mean all of this with the greatest in respect Giant as a fellow line pilot.
Regards,
JT