View Single Post
Old 01-05-2006, 11:41 AM
Soyathink
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005

Originally Posted by Brown Cow
The problem is simple. It all depends on which UPS shows up for negotiations. Sometimes, scope is not an issue because they feel that it would be crazy to allow "unsafe" chinese carriers to fly the freight. Other times, they show their teeth and posture themselves. Scope is vitally important. If others fly OUR freight, then there isn't any job protection. They are simply playing things off against the other. Ie. we will give you big pay, but scope.....no. Scope is number 1, trust me, but it seems that retirement is a very, very close second.
Brown,

"unsafe" Chinese Carriers to fly the freight? I suppose you are talking about the Flight for Dell thru supply chain solutions? I have a question, Why did Capt. Nicholson publicly announce in the union press conference that UPS was NOT outsourcing IPA work? I also want to know if it isn't ATLAS crews flying that flight for China Airlines since China Airlines is a customer of ATLAS. I also want to know why you have an issue with that flight since China and UPS has opened up a whole lot of work to IPA crews within the Pac Rim.