View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 07:38 PM
SkyHigh
Self Employed.

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Corporate Pilot
Default Interviews

Originally Posted by Velocipede View Post
What a totally ridiculous assertion on his part. Alaska has been hiring a ton of pilots from Horizon, Skywest, Great Lakes, etc.

He obviously got shown the door for other reasons. They're pretty good at sniffing out the type of person who would lower themselves to work for B6, VX or Skybus.
The interview in question took place in 2000. I agree that they hire a "ton" of skywest pilots, but Horizon ?? Hardly.

I never thought of the union reason before. Maybe I was filtered out for that very reason. I never thought about that before you mentioned it.

As I have mentioned before I didn't have a sponsor to teach me these things. Horizon Air was the only place I ever worked that had a union and it was really non-existent. All I could do was to follow examples that were left for me. Several others went to non-union companies and were hired by Alaska Airlines.

If that was the case then here we have yet again how nepotism and the old boy network can guide the selected few through the back door. If someone can be excluded from an airline career for simply trying to better themselves then that is a poor strategy. You should realise that by aggressively shutting others out you are creating a breeding ground of anti-union scabs for a start up to draw pilots from.

Hey I love this guy!! I haven't had a good old scab debate for over a year now.

SkyHigh