View Single Post
Old 02-26-2007, 07:49 PM
SkyHigh
Self Employed.

Joined APC: May 2005
Position: Corporate Pilot
Default Mirror

Originally Posted by Chillyhead View Post
SkyHigh, you stated that you interviewed twice at Alaska. If they called you for the interviews you obviously met their requirements. To call you in for an interview and THEN tell you that you don't have "heavy jet time" seems ridiculous to me. What did they tell you the second time? I read post after post from you about how you don't have the connections, the relatives, live in the right neighborhood, the right social circle, etc. to explain why you weren't hired. The way I look at it, if an airline calls you for an interview they WANT to hire you. The job is basically yours to lose. I think you need to take a look in the mirror my man.
The second time they didn't say anything. Hiring was abruptly shut down and I think the class they were considering me for was canceled. I waited two weeks in limbo for them to make a decision. Heartbreaking at the time.

An airline doesn't always want to hire people they interview. Often they are simply trying to get an annoying captain off their back who wants them to interview his paperboy or perhaps the chief pilots office recommended someone for the interview but HR shot them down because they had their own prodigy in the wings.

In any case when hiring is slow it is about behind the scenes politics that most are unaware of. Maybe they already hired their quota but owed me an interview? Maybe to prevent from being accused of favoritism they had to interview a few people from Nevada?

SkyHigh