View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 06:00 PM
gatorbird
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by sandrich View Post
I'm not looking to make a big trip out of it, so I dont want to have to make my boards bulletproof everytime I go over there. I just want to be able to hop on a plane with my board bag and backpack, surf, and fly home the same day....any insight?
Same day is tough. If you're in S FL, you could always try to get out to MHH...but by the time you ferry out, etc. you've eaten up a lot of day. Ride down on Spirit during the winter to BQN (Aguadilla); it's a middle-of-the-night flight but you could make the sunrise lineup at Wilderness and nap in the evening before the 0300 flight back up. Just check the days- we don't run down there daily.

SJO is a maybe with the new road out toward Jaco, but you can't sit in the cockpit int'l and Spirit's flights fill up in the dry season. We do have a day flight and a middle-of-the-night flight, but the day flight wouldn't leave you much more than a sunset session by the time you get to the coast. Managua is a night flight (see BQN above), but I think it takes awhile to get to the coast. I'll let you know in about 3 weeks.