Old 08-25-2012, 07:38 AM
Gunter
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006

Originally Posted by RedeyeAV8r View Post
+1

I remember in 1995 (Late November time frame) it was Customary, when meeting at the Folder, for the crews to show each other a print out of their Trip Pairing along with their Calendar. The pairing showed the Pay Code in which the trip was being flown and the calendar showed how many days worked.

It was interesting, to say the least, when one of the crew didn't have or wouldn't show the print outs. "TBV"
This is something I support. Tony, you have somewhat of a point too. You owe some trust to those you fly with. But I don't believe all the adjectives you're using are applicable here.

The problem is some have become obsessed when they don't get a trip they see in open time and shadow those they believe have friends on the inside.

Unhealthy shadowing is hard for obsessive people to give up. For example: I don't believe crewmembers should trade while airborne either and management is investigating it. As good as they are at data mining the reasonable person would assume it's being taken care of. But they don't believe it has been done. I believe crewmembers have stopped giving out their log-in credentials. Thus I don't hate the blockers facing those allegations. Short of a restraining order blocking is all they can do because the shadowers are still acting up.

I spent some time questioning, in my own mind, how reasonable crewmembers could block without looking like our one ways. You know, the other blocker group that flies disputed pairings, draft during negotiations and excessive carryover without dropping during 4a2b. But calendar blocking doesn't define their habitual behavior, it is only a symptom.

So no I don't assume a blocker is doing all those things. Those that do are taking too many intellectual shortcuts. I know it's human nature but it defines you as someone who assumes things and stereotypes.

But some enjoy watching crewmembers squirm as they ask about their calendar over dinner. Maybe they hope to run across blockers for their entertainment at what should be a relaxing occasion. This behavior begins to define a person.

Last edited by Gunter; 08-25-2012 at 07:53 AM.