Old 08-25-2012, 08:04 AM
Gunter
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006

Originally Posted by subicpilot View Post

I've heard all kinds of reasons why people block their calendar, but so far in 16 years, not one of them has struck me as appropriate.

I don't know what the percentage of calendar blockers is, but it is certainly a small minority, and a large percentage of that minority are those "special" people others have mentioned in this thread. I don't know about you, but when I find myself in the minority of anything, I take a very careful look at what the heck I am doing. I'm not advocating being a lemming, but there's a method to the madness in our industry, especially a unionized group. I think transparency is a good thing, and anyone who intentionally blocks their calendar is inviting suspicion...guilty of wrongdoing or not.

So I'm still waiting for a good reason...anyone?
I think you should get a chance to see the recent calender and paycode of those you fly with. I like looking at someone's screen at the AOC. BTW, a printout could have been altered to omit the paycode.

To see more you still have the burden of proving why its necessary or appropriate to grant you access to years of calenders and trip data. Quite frankly others don't have to give you a reason you approve of when they choose not to offer it. You realize you still can't see the pay code, right?

I don't think you've heard the rants about days off and trips flown. They have been tracking and compiling data on some for years. Yes, they have stored data. People they don't fly with. They choose to talk bad those they track, but don't know, to anyone they see in the crewroom or on the JS.

It's not about Transparency. It's about being targeted by nearly unhinged shadowers.

Last edited by Gunter; 08-25-2012 at 08:15 AM.