Thread: Job Fair attire
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 03:18 PM
SiShane
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: B73N A

I had the same feeling as you but it clearly says not to wear suits so don't because i think it shows you don't pay attention to detail. I bought a fresh pair of khaki pants with a new Polo and some new sketcher shoes. Not sure what worked but got offered two interviews a couple months later when I met their mins. I really think my attitude and resume was more important than just physical looks. Just look professional. If this is a regional job fair the biggest thing they are looking at is will you meet the ATP mins when hr5900 goes into effect. There are no exceptions so they are pretty strict. Some were big on 100 multi too. Other than that they will assessing your personality so don't be fake. Just be the guy that YOU would want to hire. There were some guys wearing suits but to me they came off as douchebags and ass kissers. I would elaborate more but I'm sure you get the picture. Non of the company reps had suits so I would say don't over dress them. Some had ties but definitely no coats. I can see the angle of showing them you are serious but let your personality win them over. And if you have not done so already have your airline apps up to date and ready to be reviewed. Have fun,relax, meet everyone and get business cards. Good luck.