View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 09:40 AM
Coach67
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2011

Originally Posted by FLowpayFO View Post
Hey guys, I had a question in regards to LUAL family members getting "guaranteed interviews". I understand this was an old policy where if you had a family member working, you were guaranteed a spot to interview in what ever position you qualified for. My mom is a FA that has been there for nearly four decades if you count a PanAm merger.

Does this privilege still stand? Did LCAL honor a similar courtesy? If so, is there a way to go about it besides applying? Been apart of the LUAL family my entire life and for some reason I still want to join even after the mess they've put you guys through. Still one of my favorite pilot groups I've had the privilege to ride with to/from work.

Thanks in advance.
It was at L-UAL and was called the Sons/Daughters/ and Family Preferential Interview Program. It was started in the mid-90's by Nancy Stuke who was in charge of pilot hiring at the time. She has passed away and I believe so has the program, especially since they haven't hired in quite awhile.

I just strongly advised my son against a career in aviation. I would strongly advise anyone to steer clear of UAL / UCH / CAL. Since the merger, this place is run so poorly it too is going to go down the tubes. Management sux, the IT Dept sux, the employees are pizst, the customers are pizst and after this last Shares debacle, I find it difficult to find any employee who gives a hoot about anyhting.