Thread: Gag order??
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 07:34 PM
Skybo
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2008
Default Gag order??

I've been doing some research into this so called gag order. I went to the NMB website looking at every link. I found nothing about the institution of gag orders. In fact, the NMB cannot get involved or have any say in union communications with the members. CALALPA makes it sound like this gag order was from Puchala herself. Ben Salley, an IAH rep told me the reason he changed the resolution to allow the CAL pilots to see, review, and comment on the TA for 14 days is that he was afraid to p*ss off Puchala. He said she would be needed in the future. The last time I looked, The ALPA triangle did not include the NMB. I have asked my MEC for a copy of this official gag order with the NMB seal on it. So far no response. I guess there is a gag order on the gag order.

During my research, I found the press release from the NMB, complete with the NMB seal and a list of those who were involved with the AIP. The following quote was in the release...

"The agreement is subject to definitive documentation, approvals by the ALPA Master Executive Councils of each subsidiary, and ratification by the company’s pilots. Specific information regarding the contract or its provisions should be obtained directly from the parties."

The gag order was already in place at the time this release came out. Why would the NMB say this if there was a gag order in place? If they had placed a gag order on the union and the company, it would have stated it. I firmly believe the NMB did not place a gag order on anyone. I believe ALPA asked the NMB if a gag order could be put in place. I'm sure Puchala told ALPA to do whatever they wanted and that the NMB would have nothing to do with it.

If this is the case, what is ALPA hiding? Something just doesn't add up here, and I plan on finding out why.