View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 12:57 PM
bage881
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2012
Position: C150|Student
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Rotor2prop View Post
Winter in Georgia is actually pretty nice flying weather most of the time. You have some frosty mornings, a lot of mornings below freezing, and some low cloud days. Overall its not horrible and a small chance of snow.

Two months should be plenty of time to get the private. With that said I would suggest you know the airport diagram at PDK with your eyes closed! Learning to fly at PDK will be a challenge but not impossible. PDK has really high volume general aviation traffic and you will master the radio soon if you want to fly out of there. I have flown there some and remember being on downwind number 7 or 8 to land more than one time.

Just curious but why PDK? You will easily spend close to a couple thousand extra dollars there than flying out of other airports in the area.
I was trying to avoid PDK but it's looking like my only option right now. Training is with Falcon Aviation Academy and they fly out of 4 different locations, PDK, CCO, FFC and AHN. I'm going to be staying in Fairburn, GA (By Family) and MARTA only provides transportation to PDK.

I can drive but I'm not sure If I'm gonna have a car accessible at all times either.

I have until December to figure this out, SIGH

N.B I hope 2 months would be enough, I have already done my FAA Written and have my Third Class Medical and SPL.I also have prior flight training...The basics, Level Flight, Turns, Pattern Entry, Stalls, A few landings etc 10.2 hrs total

Last edited by bage881; 09-08-2012 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Forgot some Information