View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 06:59 AM
oldmako
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2009
Position: The GF of FUPM
Default Is CAL hiring?

Please bring me up to speed.

It's my understanding that all of the UAL furloughees have been offered jobs at CAL and retain full recall rights to be exercised when they see fit. I would guess that many are waiting to see what the future contract and SLI hold before coming back.

Additionally, I have heard rumors of TK spooling up this winter. Yet we are offering leaves of absence, so that seems counterintuitive.

With retirements starting in 3 months and the continuing staffing problems on the CAL side clearly things have got to move fairly soon.

Believe it or not, I have a buddy currently flying in China who wants to work here. I'd like to be able to give him some decent intell and not just BS. Is there a new UCAL hiring office? Lemme guess....Houston? Is there an application form or is it online? Is there any chance in hell that a letter of rec from a sUAL type would do any good, or is it the kiss of death? From what I have witnesses so far, pretty much any and all input from the UA side has been tossed in the crapper.

Whazzup?