Thread: Is CAL hiring?
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 07:08 AM
dvhighdrive88
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2008

Just posted this elsewhere and maybe somebody who is more in tune with the numbers can update the 350 figure. I don't see any UAL side hiring anytime soon. They're already into leaves for winter so thats never a good sign. The game plan seems to be park the old UAL gear as it finally gives out and add some 900ER's. The TK spool rumor has been ongoing for years. Believe it when I see it. Maybe and stress maybe when retirements really start to bite the UAL side might have that phantom bid but they'll stretch it to the very last minute.

An official email stated roughly 350 had taken the job of the 1437 furloughed leaving it about a 24% acceptance rate. Another deadline for Nov and Dec classes closed Monday and there were more takers but by my math the acceptance rate only went up to like 27% if the rumor numbers are accurate. Long and short of it is they've gone through the list and are rumored to have come up short for the Nov and Dec classes so it looks like pools are getting their shot.

By all accounts folks are not inspired by the CAL work rules nor are they voicing confidence a decent TA will be had over the next few months. It appears the vast majority of those taking the new hire offer on the CAL side are doing because they have to or the CAL adventure is better than what they are currently doing. If there were details of the new AIP which showed a good contract possibly up for vote its likely the acceptance rate would be higher but not that high. The common opinion seems to be if you've got something decent avoid UCH until this merger mess blows over as there is plenty of time to bypass. Poolies and new hires can expect to enjoy a roller coaster ride at the bottom of the list, but hey what else is new?