View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 07:17 AM
eaglefly
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by DashDriverYV View Post
Sure there are a lot of possibilities, and your not going to convince eaglefly otherwise. However based on my industry experience, we are about to lose massive amounts of flying and pilots to the street. AMR's mo has been diversify, and get larger rjs. They are already in talks with republic for the big ones. The same amount of aircraft at eagle is not going to happen. The best thing you can do, if junior, is apply to republic or skywest and get hired before the rest of the eagle furloughs start coming over. It should make a nice cushion for ya.
While I wish we could be optimistic, AMR hates its employees AA and eagle. There will be no good from any of this.
I think Rick is strictly basing his hopes on a stand alone AA. If there is a U merger and almost certainly there will be, several of their carriers will remain and based on the number of aircraft planned by the U CLA, I see Eagle......well, the former "Eagle" being a player, but not the dominant player. Ultimately 150 large RJ's of the CRJ-700/900 would make them a significant future presence, but half their current size.

Rick thinks HIS Eagle will be flying up to 375 RJ's (and even perhaps turboprops), but that is WAY to many for either AMR's whipsaw model or Parker's plans, if you ask me.