View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 07:59 AM
D B Cooper
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2012

Originally Posted by eaglefly View Post
I think Rick is strictly basing his hopes on a stand alone AA. If there is a U merger and almost certainly there will be, several of their carriers will remain and based on the number of aircraft planned by the U CLA, I see Eagle......well, the former "Eagle" being a player, but not the dominant player. Ultimately 150 large RJ's of the CRJ-700/900 would make them a significant future presence, but half their current size.

Rick thinks HIS Eagle will be flying up to 375 RJ's (and even perhaps turboprops), but that is WAY to many for either AMR's whipsaw model or Parker's plans, if you ask me.
+1, I see it as being what Comair has been, have the size of its former glory. Eagle will have the current 700's and maybe a few 900's. No sense in wasting money for E175/190 sim and instructors. Republic already can supply that.

Question I have is all these carriers will be flying under the American Eagle name. I thought the whole reason American Conn was created was because American Eagle was an airline and companies given name. Delta Conn, and US Express Etc.. Aren't airline names but marketing tools. My question, is there some legal copy right? Or the the Eagle name a registered trademark with AMR.