Thread: Wondering why everybody hates riddle?

sargeanb , 02-28-2007 02:52 PM
Gets Weekends Off
sargeanb
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Aug 2006
  • Position
    E170 CA
After graduation I'll probably take the standard route and head for the regionals. I've got an ex-roommate who flies Lears our of NJ, and a former CFI buddy who works part 135 cargo (connections are another advantage of being here), and they both enjoy it, but I'm married and would like to be home more often. But I can't see myself flying a desk...I want to fly for the airlines, and maybe when I'm 50ish start searching for management positions (might be the only option to have a decent retirement by that time the way things are going). My dream is to start a Part 135 operation in FL or the Carribean, but, sadly, that's highly unlikely For now, the future looks pretty good for us here, until the industry takes the inevitable downturn again...I've been through one already, and could barely get hired as a CFI, but things are looking better for the moment.

I've been cruising various forums for a long time...and I've seen the general dislike for alot of us from Riddle, mainly because our predecessors were arrogant (nice way of putting it). I knew a few of those types while I was here. But people shouldn't judge the whole group just based on that.

-Sargeanb