View Single Post
Old 09-14-2012, 05:11 PM
slowplay
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

Now I'm the one with the short time to reply.

Originally Posted by forgot to bid View Post
Hey 80, if supporting the Delta Pilots Charitable Fund is something you want to do, have at it, but you didn't lose your bet....:

So we're going to quibble on the definition of "is", Mr. Clinton? Fine. You don't understand the governance structure on which ALPA works. The MEC (collected local council reps) are the governing body. We have 19 of those reps at Delta. There are various policy methodologies (some senatorial, some roll call based) by which they exercise that power. They elect the MEC Chair - he works to execute their collective will. You elect the Reps, they elect their Chair. To recall the Chair, you must get a 2/3 majority of reps or a majority of reps and a roll call majority.

Originally Posted by forgot to bid View Post
Because again, what does recalling your rep have to do with recalling the MEC Chair if your Rep is not the problem? For instance, what if you're in C54 and you agree with your Vice Chair's stance on the TA and are faced with him saying this happened:

So you use an example of a Rep whose point of view was in the minority. The TA ratified 14-5 on the MEC. 94% of the pilots voted and ratified the TA by 62%-38%. Every single base voted in favor of the agreement.

What I'm reading is that you have a problem with majority rule.

But if you're serious, you'd find pilots in local bases who would recall reps that you believe "are the problem." You only need 10 reps and a majority of the roll call votes to make that happen. I have provided examples of it being done at least twice on our property.

You also have the option of starting a change to the policy manual and ALPA C&BL. If you're serious about change, start the process. We'll get a lot more debate (good) and you'll see if your opinion is in the majority.

btw, do you still support DPA?