View Single Post
Old 09-16-2012, 05:54 PM
sailingfun
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2008

[QUOTE=Scoop;1261974]
Originally Posted by bigbusdriver View Post
90% of the pilots where surprised that regional service was going to be replaced with regional service? Even the Cranky Flyer dude knew that it wasn't going to be all mainline. Pilots repost all these news blog stories here all the time and everyone missed the fact that the aviation press was reporting the truth? I can't find a single article or press release saying there will be jobs and flights out of this just that Delta will benefit and that there may be a chance that we see more flying after they get done building the hub up with marketing and all that silly money making stuff.

BBD,

First of all when did anyone say "all?" Second, what we started out was about 4 mainline flights - pretty far from "all." Thirdly, yes 90% of the Pilots were in fact surprised with the number of RJs flights on the initial rollout - but why shouldn't they have been? Did our management not solicit us to support the slot swap with all the "mainline" growth that it would bring? No one is saying anything about blog posst and the Cranky Flyer - guys are responding to what our management told us.

Finally, I guess you missed this part of my post:

In hindsight perhaps the company should have been a little more forthright about the initial RJ rollout. They have been pretty good about explaining it after the fact, but many feel we were initially mislead."

Scoop
Yet less then 8 months into the start of the process a substantial number of mainline jobs have been created and it looks like more will be coming from the NY swap.