View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 09:12 AM
Vertigo1960
In The Clouds

Joined APC: Apr 2011
Default A Good Thing

Originally Posted by DC8DRIVER View Post
+1
According to what I've seen on this thread, Atlas seems to be loyal to those that put forth the effort and succeed at the process. Military guys with exit dates far away and interviewees who were postponed due to the classics retiring all were not forgotten. If you have a commitment that you MUST honor, Atlas seems to be good with that.

From all accounts, Atlas is doing things the right way. Not dumping the chaps/chapettes who invested earlier on the Company is definitely the right thing to do. Very rare to see this type of corporate ethics to potential investors of their careers.

While I am ready to jump at the next class, I have to be patient and wait for the call for the phone interview...one step at a time. It is clear where the test questions are coming from and the areas the questions are targeting----real world operations. The recent chap going to one of the upcoming classes noted the "illusions" question out of left field. It is something we all have dealt with for years-----and it has probably been twice that long since we have seen a question about it.

I've made myself a White Book. It has the lovely 103 pages of the North Atlantic stuff, the 41 questions listed on page 75 (I answered them finally ) as well as a list of links noted by many. Along with the IPAD downloads of the financials/investor presentations, ACE The Technical Interview, etc...I am trying to use this time before I get the call and study. There is ample opportunity for all of us to prepare.

There is a minor conflict that I don't have a good read on: At the Chicago Job Fair, KN commented to continue building contacts within the Company. A few posts herein noted that the references will not be contacted until an interview is scheduled. My question: How can we market ourselves better without being a PITA?

And fwiw...I am a geezer----I was verkempt when I recognized that I fit that demographic, even though I've beaten those 20 my junior on the courts (I really am a poor loser since I buy the beverages).

Thanks again for all of the great posts...and continued luck/patience to us all.

V