Thread: Advice
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 07:07 AM
AngryBird
New Hire

Joined APC: Sep 2012

Thanks for the replies.

There's nothing wrong in my record, I finished SOS via corr only and have 36 of 36 hours of my masters completed, but I could not take the final exam for various reasons over the past year...ORI, Deployment x2. I asked for time to take the tests, but scheduling took priority. Because of that, our policy would not allow me to attend SOS, though I asked. As far as discipline, not so much as a LOC in my record. Only 2 strats top 30%, and no DP to help me out. Maybe I might get promoted, maybe not.

As far as the second board, I will not have any changes to my record other than I will have my masters completed, no SOS as I will be deployed. No Group or OSS jobs as I am not an IP, though that could possibly change.

I have 2000 hrs total time, minus other, so probably 1/3-1/2 of that primary time. I'm continuously deployed so that might actually be closer to 2600-2800 by my next board. As one of you mentioned earlier, if I'm offered that continuation, I should break 3000 by my 180 days to get out. I am also standing at 12 years service with prior enlisted time.

The policy in the past has been no waivers from our wing to go guard or reserve, though when discussing with the group exec, they said they should be able to change that for me as they only implemented that because they did not want to give the guard poor pilots.

The biggest issue I run into is with the health care. I have a family member who has been severely ill. As of now, tricare will not allow further diagnosis until next year...I found that there is a limit to military health care, especially when the diagnosis is expensive. Does the guard or reserves change the military health coverage with part time or full time?

Thank you all again for your time.