View Single Post
Old 09-22-2012, 09:36 AM
shhhh13
New Hire

Joined APC: Feb 2008
Default DPJ-

I spent 45 minutes plus on a conference call with Mr. W---- at Delta Private Jets not too long ago. The conversation was very straight forward and honest but my take was this, salary sucks, benefits suck (except than you get jump seat privileges), schedule great 1 week on, one off, home based. My situation is different than most and I am in the fortunate position of having a job and looking for some greener grass. I might have made the transition but my wife wouldn't let me take the cut in pay. Quality of life means a lot to me right now and I am looking to spend more time with my 3 and 6 yr old boys. Having flown corporate for over a decade now my best advice is to take any higher paying job with the knowledge that YOU WILL change jobs ever year or sooner. I don't know anybody that makes a career with one company in charter. This is the only industry I know where it makes perfect sense to leave every year. The reason for this is you can hang out and take the annual increase if there even is one or jump ship and demand a much higher salary of course get the job first. Don't let company make you any promises of upgrade or salary increase in return for you hard work and dedication. I can guarantee unless the terms are in writing it won't happen.
Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.