View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 09:18 AM
JollyF15
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Default What about apples and oranges

Originally Posted by RedeyeAV8r View Post
So why did you quit flying F-15s? The Pay and benefits in the AF is pretty good.............Forgive the rest of us for trying to keep this a profession.
My main point was that to compare being a DR to being a Pilot is apples and oranges.

I quit flying F-15's because I retired, it was time to move on based on my the needs of my family. I was paid very well when I left, can't argue with you on that. When I first started in the F-4 as a 2Lt in Korea, I was making less than 10K a year. But the job was so awesome I would have done it for beer money. It was never about the money.

I too feel that most of the industry is under paid. I think that you and I are paid well at FedEx, but that's another discussion. I never said this is not a profession. The point I was trying to make is that you can't compare the profession of a pilot to that of a Dr. ----Doc's get paid to save lives, we get paid to do a very difficult job well. Are peoples lives on the line? In some cases yes, but it's not a life and death job on a daily basis.