View Single Post
Old 09-26-2012, 06:58 AM
LostInPA
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2009
Position: B737 F/O

Originally Posted by hunterjah View Post
.My premise in my "rant" was why feed the machine by having a union talking head point to this being a fleet issue when it's easily clear to see a sudden increase in cancellations happening at the same time the contract dispute is in full swing. I am DFW enough to know something's up when the board is full of cancellations.
As a non-AA pilot, I find it comical how 'everybody knows' that the labor contract issue is the cause of the drop in reliability. Interestingly, every cited case of this alleged behavior is then refuted with a legitimate basis for the delay or cancellation.

I did a fair bit of DFW flying on my last trip. Did I see airport armageddon as some flyers and the media alleged? No. Everything appeared normal. No throngs of angry delayed passengers, no 'slow taxiing' AA/AE aircraft (as the know-it-alls in the coach cabin allege).

The traveling public has bought into the railroad job done by the very managers that drove the company into bankruptcy. Really convenient to use the rejection of a labor contract as cover to shift responsibility for your own reliability issues.

Last edited by LostInPA; 09-26-2012 at 06:59 AM. Reason: reworded first paragraph