View Single Post
Old 03-01-2007, 02:52 PM
JSTARSPILOT
Line Holder

Joined APC: Feb 2007

Originally Posted by Hacker15e View Post
Thanks, I understand that there was life before SUPT and how it worked.

That's nice and all, but JSTARSPILOT is 28 years old. I'm betting he didn't go through UPT...so, my question remains the same.
Of course I went through UPT, how else would I be doing what I'm doing right now flying the E-8C?

I guess it is called JSUPT now since we dont all fly the 38 anymore.

They took 8 from my class to the 38 and 3 of the were guard. So out of 29 studs 5 were active duty that got 38's, 4 went to Helos, 4 went to T-44's, and the rest went to the T-1. They guys that went straight to the fighter were guard, the rest of the 38 guys were all faiped. After that I lost track of them. I know 2 of them were Faiped with a Bomber follow on. So there were 3 possible fighters iff they passed IFF and RTU.

Also, now when you are faiped from a 38 your Fighter follow on is in question. They can take it away from you at any time. All the faips recompete when they finish their faip tour for whatever is available. So, you can get a FAIP slot now with a bomber follow on and still get a fighter later or the opposite. If you make it to the 38's you wont end up in anything other than a fighter or bomber though unless you wash out after UPT in another program such as IFF or your RTU. If you end up at an FEB you could have your wings taken or be sent to JSTARS. We get alot of those guys. It seems they wont let you out of ACC. I've been trying to get to AMC for about a year and can't...they would rather I took the VSP and left the Air Force than let me PCS to a C-17 or C-5 etc.

So if you make it through UPT think twice before you get into ACC.