View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 07:09 AM
eaglefly
Banned

Joined APC: Jun 2008

Originally Posted by Night Hawk 6 View Post
eaglefly, How many retirements are anticpated for 1 Oct. Tomorrow, 28 Sep is the deadline to elect retirement for 1 Oct. Would appreciate it if you could post here when the numbers are out. Thanks
Numbers won't be out till the 1st, so I don't know. I don't anticipate an excessive number though. I think the real exodus will occur starting June 1 of next year. AA has to be out of BK by then and especially if the pilots are still working under the tyranny of this term sheet, pilots will have their B-funds quantified and transferred to other qualified accounts, will be close to or have any BK claim amount quantified and will have little interest in remaining on the torture rack for a nice summer at their ages.

Many will have concluded they have reached the point of diminishing returns and that since AA is unlikely to ever change their stripes, they'll bail. Takes 3-4 months to recruit and train a pilot and 8 weeks to transition a pilot to new equipment and hundreds could leave every month next summer. AA would have to front load hundreds of pilots in advance into 777, 767, 737 status starting very soon to ensure no scheduling issues in addition to firing up the Airbus program. I foresee a disaster that will make the present situation look like a 10-minute gate hold by comparison. I also expect the pilots to blamed for it as usual.