View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 03:14 PM
AZbound
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2011
Position: Just ran out of Kool-Aid...

Originally Posted by HSLD View Post
I'm currently using the Costco Kirkland brand bag priced at $99 and it's outlasted each of my (3) PNT bags and still looks brand new. As far as the warranty goes on the Costco bag, that's easy. If not satisfied, take it back for a full refund, no questions.

I have 3 PNT bags (one 27" International Bag, and 2 of the Stealth Bags), all three of them fell apart within 24 months of regular crew use. The cost of shipping and repair was about equal to buying a new bag.

PNT was marketed as a premium bag although it didn't live up to the hype in terms of materials or durability. The list of gripes voiced by others mirrors my experience with the bag(s) and I couldn't imagine paying more for one. My understanding is that PNT and Luggageworks bags are the same, but in all fairness, I did not buy from Luggageworks so I can't say if that would have a made a difference in quality or customer service.
+1 for Costco bags. I'm on bag number 3, having only paid for the first one (in fact, I was refunded money last time, as the price had gone down!). Bring it in if something is broken and exchange it right then and there.