View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 08:57 AM
coryk
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2006

Originally Posted by 93Sierra View Post
The complaints are not only from the student pilots.... I am a pilot and complaining (680 ish total time, 60 ish multi, high performance-complex, tailwheel, instrument rated. I have been pursuing this dream to fly for a living for the past 6 years and between a combat deployment and life ( getting married, going to school... Graduating from school .... Go ASU! ) have tried to fly when not working. However it takes time to get there , and I understand that... But many pilots are supporting this rule and themselves were hired in the regional boom of 05-07 with 300 on up total time. For the old salty pilots on here who say " when I had xxx hours and low time wet commerical I did xxx" yet as time has passed those flying jobs are harder to smaller in numbers to find. Even building 1000 instructing is a huge feat and my hats off to all instructors who have passed that milestone, but again outside of pilot mills ( for foreign and domestic) and some universities, flying that many hours will take years....

It just sucks that this is blood legislation in response to a crash whose pilots would have passed these minimums ( minus the ATP) and for those like myself who started charging down this road years ago and now sit with experience and several hundred hours under my belt needing to gain almost all I have worked for to date.
Yea, this! Filler.