Thread: SurfAir
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 09:00 AM
LftSeatCitation
On Reserve

Joined APC: Feb 2011
Position: A room with a view

Originally Posted by chazbird View Post
I interviewed this last Tuesday along with about 20-25 others, with a wide range of experience levels. That took most of the day and it was a very pleasant experience. They have hired some good people for the recruitment and start-up. Start-ups are kind of scary and because of the delays I was wondering if would happen but it appears very real and they may start training in October. They have bought three planes and I think have leased another. I was told schedules were: AM or PM shifts, two on, two standby the 3 consecutive off. Health benefits, salary, not per hour. They haven't nailed down captain pay, but FO pay is much more than a pilot starting at a regional. (I was interviewing for captain, at least I think I was, but I regret not standing up and shaking the CEO's hand when he told me the FO pay) I have no idea when the selected pilots will be informed. I think they have covered the first level of hiring. I went from wary but interested to really wanting the job. They did a good job I think.
Hey, Chaz, what kind of questions were you asked? Any technical? have you started training yet? Any word on a second round of hiring? thanks in advance for your insights.