View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 12:30 AM
supernaut
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2010

Originally Posted by Liftr View Post
One thing I would like changed, is to make the J-hook strap removable. Mine has gotten caught in the carousel when I had to check it.

I have a 26" Executive. I'm pretty careful with my stuff, in 3 years the only issue is the handle only locks up on one side.
LW makes a detachable replacement J-hook. I had to get one of those when my suitcase came out of the carousel without a J-hook and a clean cut across the strap. Apparently it got stuck and they had to cut it free.

Never had a problem with my wheels. The frame eventually got bowed in, but thats what happens when you DH a lot and check in your bag. What was disappointing was my zippers broke or separated from the bag and the back pocket came off very, very early on in it's use. The same items on my TravelPro bags I've had have lasted longer. The wheels on the TravelPro are terrible tho.

Afterburner, I'd be interested to see what you come up with. If you can come up with something unique enough and worth the premium price, then it will sell. Unfortunately you're not going to be able to make a bag to suit everyone, this career field is too varied. Some people can make due with a lighter bag because the most abuse it gets is rolling down the jetway and stuffed into the cockpit closet. Others need a sturdier one because it gets checked-in for over 100k of flight miles per year on DHs in addition to the normal use. I would argue that the bags you see that are so beat up are that way not because they dont treat them right but because they are probably 121 supplemental guys that REALLY have their bags put to the test.

Ultimately the market will determine what price your bag will sell well at for what is offered, not a small sampling of people responding to your request to tell you what they don't like about their LW bag.

Good luck and please post a link or something when you're ready to go to market with it.