Old 10-01-2012, 02:38 PM
fullflank
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2008

Originally Posted by AA3mFreqFl View Post
Snide remark of the day - eh? No, I just want ONE airline that we can use coast-to-cost that actually treats its customers well.

You (or the pilots) should want the same thing. Why wouldn't you want to be that airline for customers, leading to more revenue over time?

Again my point is simply that thinking US Air would give you any benefit seems delusional.

I have been part of a lot of M&A activity in my field (the IT industry), and any M&A NEVER works out for the party being acquired or 'merged-in.'

Only the 'in charge' party actually gets any benefit, and often the merger really doesn't work out well for the acquirer for several years. The pilots are delusional if you think your situation would be any different.
AA pilots already have a contract with Usair management that goes into affect the moment a merger occurs. AA creditors gave Doug Parker a standing ovation when he presented his plan. The only one who doesnt want this is Horton as he stands to get 60m if he comes through this as stand alone. Well him and you I guess